Kubla Central
Surveying and dxf - Printable Version

+- Kubla Central (https://www.forums.kublasoftware.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.forums.kublasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Surveying (https://www.forums.kublasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Surveying and dxf (/showthread.php?tid=16)

Surveying and dxf - Tsimaris - 04-11-2017

Hello,

I was searching for a software for volumetrics and I found Kubla Cubed.  Its looks easy enough which is a bonus but the available youtube videos do not provide much help (just my opinion) so therefore I am stuck.
I had my survey in a dxf file which I opened with Kubla.  I now want to calculate the volume, area, average depth and probably see the 3D representation but I cannot seem to find any actions to do that on the UI.

Any help with this?

Thank you.

RE: Surveying and dxf - Ted Woods - 04-11-2017

Hi Tsimaris,

Welcome to Kubla Central! Thanks for the feedback on the YouTube videos we are going to be producing more in the coming months to fill in the areas where users are getting stuck. There is a topic in the Kubla Cubed section where you can post ideas for YouTube videos. We would really appreciate your ideas in that section.

In regard to your current project, it sounds like you have successfully imported your existing using survey points in a DXF file. To get the average height areas etc... you will need to define your proposed. If you let me know what proposed input data you have then I can advise you further. For instance do you have a design in CAD (e.g contour lines etc...) or PDF or another set of survey points which you want to calculate between. There are many scenarios that the software is capable of dealing with.

Cheers

Ted

RE: Surveying and dxf - Tsimaris - 04-12-2017

(04-11-2017, 12:36 PM)Ted Woods Wrote: Hi Tsimaris,

Welcome to Kubla Central!  Thanks for the feedback on the YouTube videos we are going to be producing more in the coming months to fill in the areas where users are getting stuck.  There is a topic in the Kubla Cubed section where you can post ideas for YouTube videos.  We would really appreciate your ideas in that section.

In regard to your current project, it sounds like you have successfully imported your existing using survey points in a DXF file.  To get the average height areas etc... you will need to define your proposed.  If you let me know what proposed input data you have then I can advise you further.  For instance do you have a design in CAD (e.g contour lines etc...) or PDF or another set of survey points which you want to calculate between.  There are many scenarios that the software is capable of dealing with.

Cheers

Ted

Hello Ted and thank you for the prompt reply.
I have 2 scenarios.  One is a simple Bottom Batter-Top Batter with Spot Heights for a volume calculation.  The other case is an existing survey I have carried out previously of a road sub-layer and a more recent one with the Base course laid.  So I have two surveys of the same area and would like to have a 3D representation if possible, the volume between the 2 layers, the average depth of the layer and any other info Kubla can provide.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

RE: Surveying and dxf - Ted Woods - 04-13-2017

(04-12-2017, 07:46 AM)Tsimaris Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 12:36 PM)Ted Woods Wrote: Hello Ted and thank you for the prompt reply.
I have 2 scenarios.  One is a simple Bottom Batter-Top Batter with Spot Heights for a volume calculation.  The other case is an existing survey I have carried out previously of a road sub-layer and a more recent one with the Base course laid.  So I have two surveys of the same area and would like to have a 3D representation if possible, the volume between the 2 layers, the average depth of the layer and any other info Kubla can provide.
Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The first scenario you may be able to do with just the Lite edition.  It depends if your grades are level or not.  The lite edition allows you define platforms which are made up of a level area and then batter angles for the side slopes.  You can combine platforms to create some quite complicated earthworks.  This YouTube video gives a bit of an overview on how side slopes work : Kubla Cubed 2016 - Side Slopes

However I would have to see your plans before saying for sure you could do it with the Lite edition.

The second scenario you will need the Professional edition for.  This is a common scenario completed with the software, calculating between two sets of point clouds.   In road scenarios you may want to add break-lines to the edges of the road as well.  If you have a spare hour we would be happy to give you a guided tour of the program.  If you just use this form : Book Online Demo to enter in a convenient time for you we can show you the how to use the platform elements can be used to calcualte cut and fill for level grades  and also any of the Pro edition features you are interested in like 3D exports, point cloud surface calcs etc...