Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

PDF Import

Why is this happening?

I have a PDF showing proposed works that I want to import and overlay on top of the overall site plan. The PDF has two details showing proposed works in two separate locations on the site. In order to be able to overlay both details in their correct locations I have cropped the PDF to create two drawings, which i have saved as Detail1 and Detail 2.

However, when I import Detail 1 it doesn't just bring in the part I want. Somehow the software is loading the uncropped file. I've no idea how this is happening. I've even tried shutting Kubla Cubed down and restarting - didn't work. I've restarted explorer - that didn't work. Somehow Kubla Cubed seems to be able to put the cropped PDF back together again.

Please explain

Thanks

Kevin

(06-01-2018, 05:56 PM)KevinD Wrote: Why is this happening?

I have a PDF showing proposed works that I want to import and overlay on top of the overall site plan. The PDF has two details showing proposed works in two separate locations on the site. In order to be able to overlay both details in their correct locations I have cropped the PDF to create two drawings, which i have saved as Detail1 and Detail 2.

However, when I import Detail 1 it doesn't just bring in the part I want. Somehow the software is loading the uncropped file. I've no idea how this is happening. I've even tried shutting Kubla Cubed down and restarting - didn't work. I've restarted explorer - that didn't work. Somehow Kubla Cubed seems to be able to put the cropped PDF back together again.

Please explain

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure if I've understanding you correctly.  Are you cropping the PDF's in an another software product?  You mention that you save the cropped PDFs as Detail1 and Detail2, so I wondered if this was the case.

The recommended process would be to import the original PDF in and use Kubla Cubed's inbuilt cropping and positioning tools, and then repeat the process a second time for the second location.

Leo

I noted there is the ability to crop within Kubla, but because the original PDF drawing has a number of details on it I cropped it using Adobe Acrobat and created separate for each detail.

Thanks

(06-04-2018, 02:17 PM)KevinD Wrote: I noted there is the ability to crop within Kubla, but because the original PDF drawing has a number of details on it I cropped it using Adobe Acrobat and created separate for each detail.

Thanks

At the moment Kubla Cubed does not support PDF crop regions.  We will look into trying to read the crop regions from the PDF and convert them into Kubla Cubed crop regions in future updates.  For now it is best to do the cropping in Kubla Cubed directly Kevin.