Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Separating fill areas

Hi,
I am new to the program, just working through my first take off. I am wondering how to go about figuring out a cut/ fill volume for only greenspace. The issue is the on site soil is unsuitable to be used for any areas other than greenspace. I would like to break down the greenspace balancing to use these soils to fill where needed. Basically, I would need to calculate the difference for all the greenspace from the existing elevations to proposed, I'm just not sure how best to do it.
Thanks

(07-21-2019, 11:15 PM)Michsitework Wrote: Hi,
I am new to the program, just working through my first take off. I am wondering how to go about figuring out a cut/ fill volume for only greenspace. The issue is the on site soil is unsuitable to be used for any areas other than greenspace. I would like to break down the greenspace balancing to use these soils to fill where needed. Basically, I would need to calculate the difference for all the greenspace from the existing elevations to proposed, I'm just not sure how best to do it.
Thanks

Hi Mich

It sounds like perhaps the volume region tool is what you need for this one.  Have you watched the following video  :

Kubla Cubed - Volume Region Tool

If you isolated the greenspace with the volume region tool, you sould be able to see in the report the volume categorised and then do the necessary calculations.

Let me know if this doesn't work and we can discuss other solutions but at first glance this  should provide the answer.