Kubla Central

Full Version: Region naming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of calculating cut and fill and the client wishes for a breakdown of volumes to specific areas of the site.

I have used the Measurement panel to create Volume Regions. When I then create a Report for the Earthworks Estimation, Kubla splits the cut and fill volumes as required. I have renamed the regions, e.g. Road A, Road B in the Measurement panel so they are more meaningful. However, in the report the renaming is not applied, they still appear as Region 1, 2, 3 etc. Is this an oversight or something I am doing wrong? I would like the renaming to appear in the spreadsheet which Kubla produces.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you. 

Marcus
(10-10-2020, 01:08 PM)Marcus Wrote: [ -> ]I am in the process of calculating cut and fill and the client wishes for a breakdown of volumes to specific areas of the site.

I have used the Measurement panel to create Volume Regions. When I then create a Report for the Earthworks Estimation, Kubla splits the cut and fill volumes as required. I have renamed the regions, e.g. Road A, Road B in the Measurement panel so they are more meaningful. However, in the report the renaming is not applied, they still appear as Region 1, 2, 3 etc. Is this an oversight or something I am doing wrong? I would like the renaming to appear in the spreadsheet which Kubla produces.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you. 

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I tried to get the same problem as you, using the standard project files, but the export in the spreadsheet and the report for input data both looked fine to me. A problem like you have found was fixed in version 5.10. Are you using the latest version (v5.12) ?

Kind regards,
Rich
I am definitely using 5.12 so not sure what happened. It's not too important, I had some issues with the areas meshing so I split it down into separate jobs anyway.

Thanks for the response
Thanks for the update about your current version. If you decide later you want us looking into this further, please do send us your project file ([project_name].kcp) to support@kublasoftware.com.

In the meantime, we're glad you are able to continue with your project.
Cheers, Rich