Kubla Central

Full Version: Copy Outline Error Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I think I found a bug.
When I try to copy an outline from element to another.
It automatically expects you to start your outline, but you have to cancel that outline THEN copy in the outline you want.
If you copy it before closing the current outline it will crash the program.
(09-08-2022, 03:11 PM)msnowdowne Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I think I found a bug.
It automatically expects you to start your outline, but you have to cancel that outline THEN copy in the outline you want.

Hi msnowdowne,

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

We have managed to reproduce this on our test machines and have logged it to be fixed in Kubla Cubed 2023 (due in Q2 of 2023):
Road map item 3770: Pasting an Element during Tracing or even Wizard can Corrupt Data new line.

I am sure you found the workaround which is just to press escape before pasting. I think we have decided the best thing would be to cancel the trace and then paste, as that will be quickest for the user when wanting to create an element with the boundary of another element. We start the tracing automatically in some elements to help with speed but I can see it has caused a bit of an issue with pasting.

Regards,

Dave
(09-12-2022, 11:51 AM)Hi Dave,Yes I figured out the escape key after after a couple crashes. Just thought I\d point it out thanks. Dave Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2022, 03:11 PM)msnowdowne Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I think I found a bug.

Hi msnowdowne,

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

We have managed to reproduce this on our test machines and have logged it to be fixed in Kubla Cubed 2023 (due in Q2 of 2023):
Road map item 3770: Pasting an Element during Tracing or even Wizard can Corrupt Data new line.

I am sure you found the workaround which is just to press escape before pasting. I think we have decided the best thing would be to cancel the trace and then paste, as that will be quickest for the user when wanting to create an element with the boundary of another element. We start the tracing automatically in some elements to help with speed but I can see it has caused a bit of an issue with pasting.

Regards,

Dave