Kubla Central
Unable to see arrow during slope element construction - Printable Version

+- Kubla Central (https://www.forums.kublasoftware.com)
+-- Forum: Kubla Cubed (https://www.forums.kublasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Getting Started (https://www.forums.kublasoftware.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Unable to see arrow during slope element construction (/showthread.php?tid=542)

Unable to see arrow during slope element construction - pskrivanos - 01-14-2023

Hello, 

I'm just getting started with Kubla Cubed and have a question regarding the slope element. After I deliniate a slope element outline, I'm unable to see any of the controls that are used to define the slope incline and elevation.  This includes the 3 Points, 3 Points & Offset, Arrow and Arrow & Offset options. For examples, when I select Arrow, the arrow control doesn't appear on top of my plan. 

Any ideas when these controls aren't showing up for me?

RE: Unable to see arrow during slope element construction - Rich Howes - 01-17-2023

(01-14-2023, 04:32 AM)pskrivanos Wrote: Hello, 

I'm just getting started with Kubla Cubed and have a question regarding the slope element. After I deliniate a slope element outline, I'm unable to see any of the controls that are used to define the slope incline and elevation.  This includes the 3 Points, 3 Points & Offset, Arrow and Arrow & Offset options. For examples, when I select Arrow, the arrow control doesn't appear on top of my plan. 

Hi Pskrivanos,

Welcome to the Kubla Forum. We are currently unaware of any issues regarding this control, although your experience may have uncovered something new.

When creating a slope, the editor opens so that the outline can be defined. Once the outline is complete, OK must be pressed at the top of the editor as shown below:

[attachment=100]

This then makes the Slope widget appear and also provides several options in the right panel, as shown below:

[attachment=101]

Changing the ‘Define’ option will make various edit options show/hide, see below: additional rows (and removal of ‘incline’) after change to ‘3 Points’. Note that because Define is via 3 points, there is no arrow.

[attachment=102]

In your situation, am I right in thinking that the ‘Define’ menu is available, yet the change of ‘Define’ selection does not have any effect in changing the edit options available? Or is it just the absence of the arrow widget, or both?

A screenshot of the Slope controls and the Slope outline (like screenshots above) as it appears in your project, would really help us here, to understand the exact nature of the problem you have encountered. Ideally, we would also like to see your project file which you could send to us at support@kublasoftware.com. The latest version of Kubla Cubed 2021 is v6.3.

Thanks,
Rich

RE: Unable to see arrow during slope element construction - pskrivanos - 01-18-2023

(01-17-2023, 10:18 AM)Rich Howes Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 04:32 AM)pskrivanos Wrote: Hello, 

Hi Pskrivanos,

Welcome to the Kubla Forum. We are currently unaware of any issues regarding this control, although your experience may have uncovered something new.

When creating a slope, the editor opens so that the outline can be defined. Once the outline is complete, OK must be pressed at the top of the editor as shown below:

This then makes the Slope widget appear and also provides several options in the right panel, as shown below:

Changing the ‘Define’ option will make various edit options show/hide, see below: additional rows (and removal of ‘incline’) after change to ‘3 Points’. Note that because Define is via 3 points, there is no arrow.

In your situation, am I right in thinking that the ‘Define’ menu is available, yet the change of ‘Define’ selection does not have any effect in changing the edit options available? Or is it just the absence of the arrow widget, or both?

A screenshot of the Slope controls and the Slope outline (like screenshots above) as it appears in your project, would really help us here, to understand the exact nature of the problem you have encountered. Ideally, we would also like to see your project file which you could send to us at support@kublasoftware.com. The latest version of Kubla Cubed 2021 is v6.3.

Thanks,
Rich
Hi Rich, 
Thank you very much for your response. Yes, the ‘Define’ menu is available, yet none of the ‘Define’ selections enable any of the editing widgets on my plan. I would share some screenshots, however I uninstalled the software and installed 6.2 instead, which works just fine.

RE: Unable to see arrow during slope element construction - Rich Howes - 01-18-2023

Hi Pskrivanos,

I am glad you have found a workaround that suits you. Now that you have something that works, I can understand why you don’t want to send your screenshots in. I wish you all the best with your project.

However, if you (or any other user) do have time in the future we would be really keen to investigate further, but would need screenshots and the project, as we can't currently reproduce it our end. Alternatively, it might be a good idea to wait for Kubla Cubed 2023 to be released (June 2023) and see if the problem is still present.

Thanks,
Rich