Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Defining elevations of a path

I have roads going through the project site.  The elevations given are at random intervals.  Since the roads are curved, I must use many more points to define the road layout than there are points with given elevations.  

1.  What is the best way to define the road depth?  

2.  Will Kubla interpolate the elevations of the points based on the given elevations?

3.  Should I use heights or levels to define the road beds?  

I have a part of the road that once I completed defining the road, Kubla set the elevations of the points on the "Levels" at a grade almost 20 feet deeper that anything that I have defined either existing or proposed.  I have attached the file so you can see what is happening.  

Thanks Djungst

(12-12-2019, 08:22 PM)djungst Wrote: I have roads going through the project site.  The elevations given are at random intervals.  Since the roads are curved, I must use many more points to define the road layout than there are points with given elevations.  

2.  Will Kubla interpolate the elevations of the points based on the given elevations?

I have a part of the road that once I completed defining the road, Kubla set the elevations of the points on the "Levels" at a grade almost 20 feet deeper that anything that I have defined either existing or proposed.  I have attached the file so you can see what is happening.  

Thanks Djungst
Hi Djungst.
You don't seem to have fully uploaded the file. In addition to the 'Choose file' button on the left, you also need to press the 'Add Attachment' button on the right, before posting. Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2019, 12:43 PM by djungst.)

(12-13-2019, 10:43 AM)Rich Howes Wrote:
(12-12-2019, 08:22 PM)djungst Wrote: I have roads going through the project site.  The elevations given are at random intervals.  Since the roads are curved, I must use many more points to define the road layout than there are points with given elevations.  

Thanks Djungst
Hi Djungst.
You don't seem to have fully uploaded the file. In addition to the 'Choose file' button on the left, you also need to press the 'Add Attachment' button on the right, before posting. Thanks.

Still learning the routine.  Hopefully this will have the attachment.

Thanks

Don J

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2019, 01:17 PM by Rich Howes.)

(12-13-2019, 12:39 PM)djungst Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 10:43 AM)Rich Howes Wrote:

Thanks Djungst
Hi Djungst.

Still learning the routine.  Hopefully this will have the attachment.

Thanks

Don J
Hi Don. File received via email, thanks.