Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Kubla Cubed 2018

Hi Ted,

Any chance of releasing V4.6 by next few days ? ( Likely end of the week ? )

I am really eager to try the improved version especially on the construction sequence as I have a project in hand which involve earthwork sequencing schedule.

Thanks and Regards,
Bernard

(05-16-2018, 03:27 AM)Bernard Wrote: Hi Ted,

Any chance of releasing V4.6 by next few days ? ( Likely end of the week ? )

I am really eager to try the improved version especially on the construction sequence as I have a project in hand which involve earthwork sequencing schedule.

Thanks and Regards,
Bernard

Hi Bernard

Yes we are hoping for a launch date of Friday now probably later in the day.  We have completed all features and are doing testing and updating the help files.  

Some of the phased examples are loading over twice as fast which is good. We have also managed to finish the spreadsheet and presentation mode which I think I mentioned.  The spreadsheet I am really liking as with the preview you can quickly review data without exporting, it is actually useful as a quick check of areas, volumes etc... as it is easier to review a lot of data that way rather than using the stats panel in each phase.  Especially the "User Input" data which gives you details of your inputs rather than the earthworks outputs.  Great for checking that you haven't typed a duff value in as a construction thickness. BOQ is much easier to generate to from a spread than the tables in the word doc.

I will be in touch on Friday.

-Ted

Good morning,

The spread sheet function looks fantastic and I can already think uses for it in my current project.

Roll on Friday [Image: thumbsup.png]

Cheers

Tim

Helloooo Ted!

I haven't looked at the board in a week and you know why! The spreadsheet tool looks good, it will be very valuable. I think the grades grid should be useful until we get some machine control on a dozer and even after. I guess I have to ask the boss for some more time off until the software update comes out!

Chester

(05-21-2018, 02:08 PM)Seaking Wrote: Helloooo Ted!

I haven't looked at the board in a week and you know why! The spreadsheet tool looks good, it will be very valuable. I think the grades grid should be useful until we get some machine control on a dozer and even after.  I guess I have to ask the boss for some more time off until the software update comes out!

Chester

Hi Guys

4.6 is released ! Finally.  Some bits took a lot longer than hoped.  Almost missed the Royal Wedding doing some of the final testing.  We can't have that!

Let me know how you get on.  The gridded visualisation can be turned into a PDF by someone with some CAD know-how (even with the Free Draftsight program) and then printed in A3.  Would be a handy print out to have on site if anyone wasn't sure of cut\fill volumes at any point they could consult the plan without even starting a computer.

Of course I would recommend distributing copies of Kubla Cubed lite to site workers so they can explore the models themselves Big Grin  but the big gridded data visualisation is easier to understand if you aren't familiar with working with TINS.

I will post a topic on 4.6. Post in there if you have any feedback and I will pass it on.

Also I've just made two videos about the new LandXML and CAD export improvements : 

Kubla Cubed 2017 - Working with LandXML

Kubla Cubed 2017 - CAD

Going to be doing a few more as well this month so make sure you subscribe to the YouTube channel.