Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Problem Using CAD topo surveys

(09-08-2021, 04:38 PM)timetomaketracks Wrote: Hoping someone has a simple solution to this - every time I try and use a DWG file to generate contours I get an error message 'File does not contain any surfaces'. The data is 3D so not sure what the issue is?

Thanks in advance!

Hi timetomaketracks,

DWG files can contain a variety of different 3D data, it is important to use the right Kubla Cubed tool to import your data: The ‘Triangle Surface’ tool can import triangulated poly-face meshes.

However, when the intent is to import contours, breaklines and/or points data, the ‘Feature Surface’ tool should be used.

It sounds like, in your situation, you need to create a ‘Feature Surface’, then select the 'Contours' tab and import the contours using the ‘Add contours from site plan/file’ option.

We have a instructional video called, 'Working with CAD' which I think you’ll find useful to further inform on using the ‘Feature Surface’ to import CAD data:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br-YsVH8V74

Update to video: Since Kubla Cubed 2017, we have made many improvements to the software and Kubla Cubed 2021 now supports DWG, with the ability to import data to other elements, such as the platform.

Cheers,
Virag

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem Using CAD topo surveys - by Virag - 09-10-2021, 09:59 AM
RE: Problem Using CAD topo surveys - by Virag - 09-24-2021, 10:04 AM