Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Import DXF DWG *SOLVED

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 02:22 AM by Bushman. Edit Reason: solved it )

Good evening guys

Please would you see if you can help.....?

It has been 5 years since I did any earthworks takeoffs. Previously used 12D (Australian product) and now hoping to get back into it via Kubla.

I have an opportunity to start a 'side business doing takeoffs but first have to prove to the client I am proficient.

The estimator sent me a 'dummy project' and it has me stumped.

The files sent are in DWG/DXF and I am not getting the info I need.

Looking at the help files it seems you guys are using external CAD software to weed the file of unwanted info and then importing it into Kubla.

This is a very simple job but I am struggling with weeding out the info and getting it imported into Kubla.

Please..... please...... help.

These are the files I was given.
What 3rd party CAD software are you guys using to extract 'existing' and 'design'?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

The CAD file has the usual 2D info and the 3D info. Viewing it in 3D you can see the info with '0' Z value as well as the info which has 'Z' values. The info with 'Z' values is shown with existing and design. But I have no idea how to seperate the two in Kubla.

Kubla gives options for 'break lines' 'contours' & 'boundaries' but not for the point vertices (existing spot levels).

I know am new to Kubla and the answer is probably right in front of me........... apologies for that....

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Import DXF DWG *SOLVED - by Bushman - 07-18-2019, 11:31 AM
RE: Import DXF DWG - by Bushman - 07-19-2019, 02:19 AM
RE: Import DXF DWG - by Ted Woods - 07-19-2019, 05:04 PM