Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Stitch together PDF Files

Is it possible to stitch together multiple PDF drawings when all that I have is the match lines on each drawing?  My site has four drawings and I am trying to combine them all.  I have cropped the drawings at the match lines but cannot figure out how to move them together to form one complete site drawing.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 11:45 AM by Rich Howes.)

(12-06-2019, 01:55 PM)djungst Wrote: Is it possible to stitch together multiple PDF drawings when all that I have is the match lines on each drawing?  My site has four drawings and I am trying to combine them all.  I have cropped the drawings at the match lines but cannot figure out how to move them together to form one complete site drawing.

Hi Djungst,

Welcome to Kublaforums!

If the plans are not rotated you can use the Move tool to align 1 point on the first plan to the same point on another (make sure both plans are scaled correctly first) 
If the plans are rotated you need to use the Align to Two points tool.  (You don't have to worry about scale in this case as long as the plan you are aligning to is scaled correctly).

In your case, as you only have the match lines, it might be best to align first, before cropping, so you can clearly see the area of overlap as reference for alignment. Afterwards, to be able to see clearly what you are cropping for any given site plan, you could hide the other plans or use the pop-out tool.

Move options are described in our video here: https://youtu.be/KtvCSrL3OGc?t=379

If those solutions don't fit your needs, send your project to me at support@kublasoftware.com and we'll sort it for you Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2019, 01:17 PM by djungst.)

(12-10-2019, 11:43 AM)Rich Howes Wrote:
(12-06-2019, 01:55 PM)djungst Wrote: Is it possible to stitch together multiple PDF drawings when all that I have is the match lines on each drawing?  My site has four drawings and I am trying to combine them all.  I have cropped the drawings at the match lines but cannot figure out how to move them together to form one complete site drawing.

Hi Djungst,

Welcome to Kublaforums!

If the plans are not rotated you can use the Move tool to align 1 point on the first plan to the same point on another (make sure both plans are scaled correctly first) 
If the plans are rotated you need to use the Align to Two points tool.  (You don't have to worry about scale in this case as long as the plan you are aligning to is scaled correctly).

In your case, as you only have the match lines, it might be best to align first, before cropping, so you can clearly see the area of overlap as reference for alignment. Afterwards, to be able to see clearly what you are cropping for any given site plan, you could hide the other plans or use the pop-out tool.

Move options are described in our video here: https://youtu.be/KtvCSrL3OGc?t=379

If those solutions don't fit your needs, send your project to me at support@kublasoftware.com and we'll sort it for you Smile

The move function worked. I am still unsure how to use the Align Two Points function but I have what I need for now. Thanks for your help.

(12-10-2019, 01:15 PM)djungst Wrote:
(12-10-2019, 11:43 AM)Rich Howes Wrote:

Hi Djungst,

Welcome to Kublaforums!

The move function worked.  I am still unsure how to use the Align Two Points function but I have what I need for now.  Thanks for your help.
Align Two Points tool: by matching two points common to both plans the program can match the scale/location and rotation of one plan to the other. It comes into its own when your site plans are not uniformly oriented (not pointing in the same direction). It rotates, scales and moves one plan to be aligned with another. If you have points of reference and/or your site plans are already oriented in the same direction, then you don't need the tool. If you find yourself needing the tool however, do get in touch if you get stuck.