Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Original and Progress Topo

Hey Ted,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am indeed using the Automatic Outline to generate the original surface. I can most certainly start using the extrapolating feature to create the outline and encompass the area to make sure both original and progress are the same.

This is, however, what is troubling me: I have more points in the progress section than in the original. So the question is, does the software calculate the volume between the two layers? Or does the software "reduce" the number of points in the progress and calculates those against the points in the original? Say I have 1200points in the original and 6000points in the progress. Does the software take 6000 points, reduce to 1200points and then calculates the volume by triangulating between the same amount of points? I hope I'm making sense. I am concerned that I can be missing some ground features if the software reduces the progress to the amount of points in the original survey . I'll load the project as asked, but I don't think it will communicate the issue that I have in my mind.

Thanks for your help.

Bo

Messages In This Thread
Original and Progress Topo - by markovicb1 - 12-18-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by Ted Woods - 12-22-2020, 10:52 AM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by markovicb1 - 01-07-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by Ted Woods - 01-08-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by markovicb1 - 01-08-2021, 04:44 PM