Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Hello

Hello to all,
Looking forward to an interesting joining of ideas with this great software. Hopefully I can give a some input, from my daily experiences, and pick up new ideas from other users.
Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim,
Welcome to the Forums. You're officially the first person to post here Smile I work on the support desk and will be happy to answer any questions you have on using the software - Lucy

Big Grin 

(01-17-2017, 09:24 PM)Lucy Hocking Wrote: Hi Tim,
Welcome to the Forums. You're officially the first person to post here Smile I work on the support desk and will be happy to answer any questions you have on using the software - Lucy

Thanks Lucy,

Everything is working perfectly at the moment, thanks to Ted's guidance [Image: thumbsup.png], but no doubt i'll press the wrong button somewhere along the line, and will have to send up a flare!

Cheers

Tim [Image: biggrin.png]

Smile 

Always a pleasure Tim :-)

Shouldn't be long now until the 2017 release.  Some really nice new features in that one, 3D views plus some really nice usability enhancements.

In a few weeks I'll send you some preview screen-shots.  It would be good to get your feedback.

Big Grin  (This post was last modified: 01-21-2017, 03:56 PM by TimO.)

Hi Ted,
Can't wait, meanwhile i've just completed a very interesting job with 7 individal areas and it was a doddle, don't know how i managed before.
Cheers
Tim

(01-21-2017, 03:52 PM)TimO Wrote: Hi Ted,
Can't wait, meanwhile i've just completed a very interesting job with 7 individual areas and it was a doddle, don't know how i managed before.
Cheers
Tim

Here are the preview screenshots of 2017 that were in the newsletter recently sent out.  It's a real game changer being able to see the surfaces in 3D without having to export to CAD.  We have got a few other neat updates coming out as well relating to take-off, and general usability.  We've separated the 'existing' into the first tab rather than having a 'existing' menu which was a bit confusing.  Also there's a tool for entering an interval for contour lines so you don't have to keep entering in 5,10,15,20 etc... I've seen it working and it makes doing a manual contour takeoff a lot smoother. I think we are actually releasing that in a small update before the 2017 release though.  So maybe in a week or so.

Current estimates are we are going to release 2017 in 5 weeks but will keep you posted.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

Looking at the screen shots and having the ability to view in 3D without exporting to DXF will be a massive time saver along with the contour interval tool.

Really looking forward to the 2017 update.

Cheers

Tim

Hello all,

I am a new user to the forum, I have 7-8 years doing takeoffs and modeling using Trimble Business center, Terramodel and old paydirt. Just changed jobs to a company with no takeoff software and discovered Kubla last week. Kubla has sure made my new job a little more bearable as I settle in. We used a service than my employer has been using for volumes on one job to compare numbers and on the second job he did not send out for the volumes, I have done them on the trial.

Hello Ted, just mentioning how helpful you have been making the couple of calls to talk with me about Cubed. I look forward to the improvements and chiming in on things I see that could help or what I remember that worked great with "the other stuff"

Seaking

(C King)
(Chester King)

(04-23-2018, 03:58 PM)Seaking Wrote: Hello all,

I am a new user to the forum, I have 7-8 years doing takeoffs and modeling using Trimble Business center, Terramodel and old paydirt. Just changed jobs to a company with no takeoff software and discovered Kubla last week. Kubla has sure made my new job a little more bearable as I settle in. We used a service than my employer has been using for volumes on one job to compare numbers and on the second job he did not send out for the volumes, I have done them on the trial.

Hello Ted, just mentioning how helpful you have been making the couple of calls to talk with me about Cubed. I look forward to the improvements and chiming in on things I see that could help or what I remember that worked great with "the other stuff"

Seaking

(C King)
(Chester King)

Hi Chester,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm really glad to hear that you're getting on well with Kubla Cubed.  Remember to let us know if you have any difficulties getting started.  We're always looking for ways to make it easier for new users, and feedback is really helpful with this.  Especially interesting as you have so much experience with other software, as each software approaches things in a slightly different way.

Cheers,

Leo