Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

New Export Formats for Cubed

(02-13-2018, 11:26 AM)Leo Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 12:10 PM)Didier Wrote: Hi Leo, that's great to hear. My vote would have gone to LandXml too. We use this export frequently too. Any ETA on the new release btw?

Hi Didier,

That's great!  Glad to hear that will be useful for you.

Although the LandXml work is pretty much finished I think the release will be a couple of months from now.  There's a few other things to go in, such as vertical exaggeration to help visualise sites which are quite flat.  Then there's the testing of course, which takes quite a while.

I've attached a preliminary image of the LandXml export from Kubla Cubed as viewed in Carlson's Precision 3D software.  As you can see the export includes the surface as well as the cut/fill lines for staking out.  I'd be really interested to hear if anyone has any other items that are represented in Kubla Cubed that they would also like to see included in the export.

Cheers,

Leo

Just for anyone following this thread: as of last week's release (V4.6),  Kubla Cubed now supports LandXml for both importing and exporting data.  This is really useful for importing into and out of other software products.  It's also widely used for machine control applications.

Now we'll start R&D on other formats discussed above, such as IFC and .skp.

Leo

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to export the results to BIM format using Kubla 2021?

Specifically to be used with the iTwo CostX software

Thanks in advance.

Constantinos

[attachment=42 Wrote:CosABC pid='780' dateline='1631870095']Hello everyone,

Is there a way to export the results to BIM format using Kubla 2021?

Specifically to be used with the iTwo CostX software

Thanks in advance.

Constantinos

Hi Constantinos, 

Most BIM systems support the import of data using CAD files (e.g. .dwg, .dxf) so this is the bet option for importing linework (earthworks definition boundaries, measurement positions, lengths and areas etc..). You can do this by selecting File from the menu bar and then Export>CADData.

When it comes to the topography things get a bit more complicated because Kubla Cubed uses TINS for calculating and storing topography. So, if a BIM program also supports TINS then this is the best way to import the data. However some BIM systems do not support TIN or slightly more confusingly some will take the points from the TIN but not the triangle data so the surface actually changes when imported. In both these situations if a BIM software does not support TIN then you can export the surfaces as either a high density point cloud or contour lines.

To do this select the following options from File>Export>CAD Data screen to generate gridded points to go into the BIM system. The image shows which options to choose.

Kate

Attached Files Image(s)

<p><br></p>