Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Decimal point

Hi
I am new to Kubla.
Wondering why my cut volume is showing as a 13 digit number- the actual volume is 8,984m3. see attached screen shot.
When I use the measure tool the scale is correct on the drawing.
Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-15-2019, 01:23 AM)Tony Wrote: Hi
I am new to Kubla.
Wondering why my cut volume is showing as a 13 digit number- the actual volume is 8,984m3. see attached screen shot.
Thanks

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the software and the forums!

I think perhaps you have entered your data in mm by mistake.  Does that sound likely?  This will result in the volumes being presented in cubic mm, which adds 9 digits.  I can see from the screen shot that the X values for your platform range from around 2000m to 16000m, which would give a platform width of 14km!

Our software uses metres or feet, and will default to the most likely one depending where you are in the world.  These are the most commonly used units for this type of work, but sometimes we find that architectural drawings in particular can be defined in millimetres or inches.  In this case you need to make the conversion yourself when you load PDF's or images into our software.

If this doesn't sound like the explanation to you then feel free to send the file to our support box so we can take a better look at it.

Leo

(05-15-2019, 09:09 AM)Leo Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 01:23 AM)Tony Wrote: Hi
I am new to Kubla.
Thanks

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the software and the forums!

I think perhaps you have entered your data in mm by mistake.  Does that sound likely?  This will result in the volumes being presented in cubic mm, which adds 9 digits.  I can see from the screen shot that the X values for your platform range from around 2000m to 16000m, which would give a platform width of 14km!

Our software uses metres or feet, and will default to the most likely one depending where you are in the world.  These are the most commonly used units for this type of work, but sometimes we find that architectural drawings in particular can be defined in millimetres or inches.  In this case you need to make the conversion yourself when you load PDF's or images into our software.

If this doesn't sound like the explanation to you then feel free to send the file to our support box so we can take a better look at it.

Leo

Thanks Leo, That is indeed what I had done