Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Kubla Cubed 2018

(04-11-2018, 02:50 PM)TimO Wrote: Good afternoon All,

What's the latest on the V4.6 update? really looking forward to the 'Significant performance improvements especially with multiple phase projects'.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

we have had a few delays on the 4.6 release, although we are making good progress now.  The revised deadline is the 29th of April.

We have finished almost all the graphical upgrades LandXML import and are now working on completing the export upgrades and LandXML export.  I think for you being a QS, the spreadsheet output will hopefully save you some time over digging though the tables in the Word report.  We are also going to output the "User Input Data" elevation, cut\fill, batter etc... and also including boundary area\perimeters.  These are different from the earthworks footprint areas you get in the earthworks report and will be most useful if you have used strips to adjust for construction thickness but then don't have an area of the strips as they are merged into one earthworks cluster.  I imagine you do this in BluBeam so it isn't a problem but you might find it useful for printing out and checking all your inputs.

I have attached a screenshot of the new vertical exaggeration in the program and also a new upgrade which renders a "skirt" around the TINS.  This gives the visualisations a lot more of a solid feel and helps clients visualise the colour key better as you can see the colour bands running down the side.

4.6 is going to be more like a Kubla Cubed 2017 Plus rather than a minor upgrade so has taken a bit longer than the other updates.

Messages In This Thread
Kubla Cubed 2018 - by MarcusJoel - 03-22-2018, 01:58 PM