Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Help with plotting proposed features

I am measuring a camp site and need help with plotting proposed features with offsets (roads for example).

I have a drawing which contains existing contours and proposed contours. I have plotted the existing as normal but am having difficulty with the proposed levels. Usually, when measuring a road for example, I am provided with point elevations to the road perimeter. I use these to draw out the road using the Surface Feature element (the path element is often not suitable) and then add a negative offset. However, I only have proposed contours for this job so this will not work.

I have plotted the proposed contours, but now want to draw the roads, paths, pads, etc over this and apply offsets. Kubla would need to use the contours to calculate the proposed levels.

Can anyone help?

I found that if I used the Surface feature element for the proposed contours and then used the Strip element afterwards for the road this appeared to work.

Hope that makes sense, feel like I have made this more complicated than it needs to be.

Messages In This Thread
Help with plotting proposed features - by MarcusJoel - 03-23-2018, 12:55 PM