Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Original and Progress Topo

Hi, 

I am using, getting used to rather, Kubla Cubed 2019 Pro.  I have a 36AC plot of land.  Original data of the land was obtained by manually shooting coordinates.  I have approximately 1200 points in the original topo.  Work started to mine the dirt material for embankment construction of a levee.  Since work started, a drone survey was completed of the area to obtain progress volumes.  This is my question:

I will use the software to build the progress survey using a compressed drone fine of approximately 6000 points.  
I will use the original data, approximately 1200 points, to build the original surface.  
When I use the "feature surface" option to create these two surfaces and calculate the volume of excavation, does the software only triangulate between the 1200 points in the original survey?  I'm concerned that I might not be capturing all of the features of land that are present at the site.  

I hope the above makes sense to you professionals.  I'm just getting started with this but would love to keep going as the benefit is immense.  

Than you for your help.  

Bo

Messages In This Thread
Original and Progress Topo - by markovicb1 - 12-18-2020, 09:28 PM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by Ted Woods - 12-22-2020, 10:52 AM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by markovicb1 - 01-07-2021, 04:36 PM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by Ted Woods - 01-08-2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Original and Progress Topo - by markovicb1 - 01-08-2021, 04:44 PM