Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Is Kubla the right tool for me?

(02-14-2019, 12:25 AM)Bushman Wrote: Good morning.

I was hoping to ask a couple of questions in order to see if Kubla is going to solve my needs.
Feedback would be much appreciated, or would you suggest I contact support rather?

The basics it seems to do, but as I only tried the free version for a short bit, I would like to know if it can support the following:

1. Import and join multiple PDF's in order to do a road takeoff

2. Can it do boxing out of the road pavement?

3. Can I import or create the geotech info of different layers and types of earth and then report this when doing the cut calculations. In other
    words if I need to know the volume of sand, clay, rock etc that would be excavated.

4. When I create a pad, the software then ads a cut/fill batter. Can these batters be changed manually and be of different slopes. Sometimes you have slope of 1:2 at the
    north part of the pad and a 1:4 slope at the south part of the pad.

5. Can I create and export a rendered model of the job into either a .jpg or even better yet, in a video format like .avi or .mov?

Also, If I rent the Kubla software monthly, is it on a month to month basis, or is there a minimum notice period that have to be given if the software turns out to not be what I am after?

Thanks in advance and I do apologise if many or all of these questions might have been asked before.

Regards
Bushman
Perth, Australia

Hi Bushman,
With regards your queries, i'll answer the ones I can:
1. Yes you can import multiple PDFs into one drawing.
2. Yes, by outlining your road box area, adding proposed levels then offsetting by the depth of box.
3. Can't answer this one - Sorry
4. Yes, using the slope function
5. I use Windows screen shot (Win+Shift+S) to create views for my clients.
As for pricing etc, you will need to contact Kubla Cubed direct, I am but a user.
Cheers
Tim

Messages In This Thread
Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-14-2019, 12:25 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by TimO - 02-14-2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-15-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-18-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Mike - 08-04-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 07-19-2019, 04:01 AM