Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Is Kubla the right tool for me?

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 05:13 PM by Ted Woods.)

(07-19-2019, 04:01 AM)Bushman Wrote: Good morning.

I thought it best to rather just continue on this old thread with questions while I am still learning.

Is that OK, or would admin rather prefer me creating a new thread for each question?

I am trying to import a PDF file in order to get the design info I need into Kubla.
I get the following message. Any ideas what is wrong? Perhaps my laptop itself?

Hi Bushman, 

It's fine to put here, but next time maybe start a new thread as it's easier for other users to find if they have similar issues and also we get an e-mail notification for new posts to our support box, but not for discussions on old threads :

I have to say I have not seen the error that you mention relating to the site plan.  We will need to investigate this further it seems to be a bug relating to Java.  I tested on my machine and it works, having said that I am running Window 10 and you are on Windows 7 (I can tell from the slight display differences) so it might be an issue on Windows 7 only.  Can you first try a different PDF and see if it is a problem with all PDF files and Kubla Cubed or an issue with just this one.  I think it may relate to an installation issue of Java or Kubla Cubed on your computer and not a general problem, but I will try to test on a Windows 7 test machine that we have in the office when I next get a chance.  A better workaround than using a screenshot of Adobe Acrobat is to use an online PDF -> Image converter at 300DPI like this one (https://pdf2jpg.net/).  However this is just temporary as we should be able to fix this.  PDF Import is a major strength of the program so it should work well.

I will be in touch over e-mail to find a fix for you.  We do get the occasional issue with PDF files but since the release of Kubla Cubed 2019 it is pretty rare for anyone to have problems.

Cheers

Ted

Messages In This Thread
Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-14-2019, 12:25 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by TimO - 02-14-2019, 01:42 PM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-15-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 02-18-2019, 09:14 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Mike - 08-04-2021, 02:47 PM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Bushman - 07-19-2019, 04:01 AM
RE: Is Kubla the right tool for me? - by Ted Woods - 07-19-2019, 05:12 PM