Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Using levels from adjacent Feature Surfaces

Hi Ted/Duncan,

Sorry to hijack this but I have just joined the forum to see if there is a way to do exactly this. I have just spent a day modelling the hard surfacing of a site and was hoping to just be able to infill all of the remaining soft landscaping areas by snapping to the existing feature outline z values. The lack of this feature creates a massive duplication of work, especially as mentioned that in edit mode you lose the view of the previously entered Z values. Surely if you can snap to an outline in plan its an easy fix to be able to add an option to snap in 3d? I really hope this comes on the next version as the majority of construction projects involve areas of hard landscaping which are dictated by given z values. The hard landscaping is usually broken up with areas of soft landscaping in-between and at the perimeter, the levels of which are normally just dictated by the surrounding hard landscaping therefore the logical way to model this is to snap to existing surrounding feature outline.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using levels from adjacent Feature Surfaces - by Cookiemonster - 01-03-2021, 09:27 AM