Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

How to calculate backfill around a foundation

Hello,

I'm new to this product and forum, but I can't seem to find any resources that explain how to go about calculating cut/fill when you have a foundation to work around. So far, I have done the following:

1. Defined existing conditions of site with outlines and contours.
2. Created a separate phase and used the platform element to drop grade around existing foundation that will be demolished.
3. Created a separate phase and used the platform element to drop grade around proposed new foundation.

From here I am stuck. I need to backfill around the proposed new foundation and add final grades, but I cannot figure out how to do this. If anyone has a procedure or suggestion for how to move forward it would be greatly appreciated as there seems to be nothing out there that explains what to do from here.

Thank you,
DM

Hi DM, 

Thank you for your post. The user manual has a section on 'Modelling Foundations' which explains how to complete backfilling of cavities. This is found on page 100 of the PDF user manual, or in the 'Foundations' section of the online user manual

Additionally, we have a video which goes into some detail about backfilling and demonstrates how this can be done in a project, this starts at 16 minutes 35 of this video.

I hope this helps with your project, but please get in touch if you would like further support. 

Kate
<p><br></p>