Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

3d View Now Working

the 3d view doesn't work. When the mouse is ran over the map, it generates slivers of color on the plan. Is there a software issue or did i input something wrong?

Hi Dustin,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue, we are aware of this problem and have a few workarounds to hopefully resolve it.

The 3D modelling uses a WPF viewport which seems to effect devices with Intel Xe Integrated Graphics (On 12th Gen 'Alder Lake' CPUs) and Intel Arc dedicated Graphics Cards.

Option 1: Dedicated GPU
If you have a dedicated GPU chip (e.g., NVIDIA or AMD) then you can switch Kubla Cubed to use that and it should work. By default Kubla Cubed uses the integrated GPU. However, if only have an integrated Intel GPU on your device you need to follow the below fix.

Option 2: Integrated GPU
Luckily Intel does seem to have resolved the problem in their latest drivers :

If you install the latest Intel Graphics Drivers Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics - Latest Drivers (Windows) the fix should be installed automatically. The last few users who reported this problem, said it had been fixed by updating.

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/s...amily.html

I hope that helps but if you require any further support please send details (make, model) of your device and we can continue to investigate.
<p><br></p>

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023, 07:23 PM by Pisces Lady.)

(07-25-2023, 09:29 AM)Kate Wrote: Hi Dustin,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue, we are aware of this problem and have a few workarounds to hopefully resolve it.

The 3D modelling uses a WPF viewport which seems to effect devices with GNC phenq Intel Xe Integrated Graphics (On 12th Gen 'Alder Lake' CPUs) and Intel Arc dedicated Graphics Cards. 

Option 1: Dedicated GPU
If you have a dedicated GPU chip (e.g., NVIDIA or AMD) then you can switch Kubla Cubed to use that and it should work. By default Kubla Cubed uses the integrated GPU.  However, if only have an integrated Intel GPU on your device you need to follow the below fix.

Option 2: Integrated GPU
Luckily Intel does seem to have resolved the problem in their latest drivers : 

If you install the latest Intel Graphics Drivers Intel Arc & Iris Xe Graphics - Latest Drivers (Windows) the fix should be installed automatically.  The last few users who reported this problem, said it had been fixed by updating. 

https://www.intel.ca/content/www/ca/en/s...amily.html

I hope that helps but if you require any further support please send details (make, model) of your device and we can continue to investigate.

Ok, thanks for sharing this details related to 3D view.