Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Kubla Cubed 2023

Hello Rich,

The screenshots look nice.

What is the timetable for testing? I know it can be difficult to predict the results of a Beta test but are you scheduling months of testing?

From your previous post this appears to be the Pro version that was discussed many years ago. What is the cost of this version and are there any updates to come for the current version?

Regards,

Niko

Hi Niko,

Thanks for your feedback, glad you like the screenshots.

Cubed 2023 Professional was due out last year, but a combination of certain aspects being more complicated than we thought and then a dose of mission creep has meant there has been a delay and is now called Cubed 2024. As I'm sure you can understand, I'm wary or making public a new release date.

Like you say, beta testing duration is difficult to quantify in software development. By its nature, it has not been done before. In addition to the testing, any problems identified will need time to be addressed. That said, we're eager to get version Cubed 2024 (v7.0) out the door. Thereafter, we have a number of additional updates we plan to release in the 7.x series. Version 6.3 is the latest and final update to Cubed 2021.

In terms of pricing, we've not raised prices in several years. Non-expired Cubed 2021 subscriptions will get Kubla Cubed 2024 (v7.0) Professional as a free upgrade. Kubla Cubed 2024 Lite will continue to be free and will also see some improvements.

Kind regards,
Rich

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2024, 07:50 AM by sencafe.)

Thanks Rich.

Keep up the good work and thanks for clarifying your stance.

I like the direction Kubla is heading and I can understand your apprehension about dates.

I don't see it a problem if you set milestones and don't meet them due to scope creep and bugs. I'm sure you guys are aware of the "Soon" trademark in software development. For me it would be better if you post on where you are all at at the moment and the projected program. After all we are using your software for the construction industry and if anyone knows how construction programs slip, it's us.

Regards,

Niko

PS. The niko and sencafe users are both me.

If we purchased the current base file of Kubla today, will this be updated to KC2024 or is it going to be a separate package to purchase?

(02-29-2024, 12:09 AM)David Wrote: If we purchased the current base file of Kubla today, will this be updated to KC2024 or is it going to be a separate package to purchase?

Hi David,

Interesting question. The answer is, it depends...

Subscriptions will always grant you access to the latest version of the software, without additional expense, for the duration of your license. This is true whether the latest version is a minor upgrade to the existing product, or a completely new (major) version of the software.

So, if you purchased a subscription today for Cubed 2021 (v6.3) then you would get the next major release, in this case Cubed 2024 (v7.0) upgrade (without additional cost) until the expiration of your subscription.

Perpetuals will grant you access to the latest version of the current major version, forever.

So, if you purchased a perpetual today for Cubed 2021 (v6.3) then you get get no further updates as there will be no more updates to Cubed 2021 after v6.3. If you wanted Cubed 2024, you would need to purchase* that upgrade.
*Historically, we have offered a discount to existing customers choosing to trade in their old perpetual. We plan to continue this approach. If you have a perpetual license and are subscribed to our newsletters, then an offer would normally be sent to you via email, after release.

The 2024 Lite Edition will be released at the same time as Cubed 2024 Professional, so you might download that product first to see if you need the additional features. Cubed 2024 and Cubed 2021 can be installed at the same time. Newer versions of the software can read projects created in an older version, but not vice versa.

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update... if you're a subscriber to the Kubla newsletter, then you will have received an invitation to join one of our Live! webinars taking place on 27/March/2024. A reminder: these are happening at 11am AEDT (Australia); 11am GMT (UK/Europe/Africa); 11am MDT (Americas).

We will be editing the recordings and making these available some time in the future. We will be releasing Cubed 2024 in April.

Cheers,
Rich

(03-26-2024, 11:47 PM)Rich Howes Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just a quick update... if you're a subscriber to the Kubla newsletter, then you will have received an invitation to join one of our Live! webinars taking place on 27/March/2024. A reminder: these are happening at 11am AEDT (Australia); 11am GMT (UK/Europe/Africa); 11am MDT (Americas).

We will be editing the recordings and making these available some time in the future. We will be releasing Cubed 2024 in April.

Cheers,
Rich
Thanks Rich,

Please post the link here as I have not received any newsletter from Kubla for a long time and haven't received one today.

Are the webinars taking place in April? Your post mentioned 27th March which was yesterday.

Regards,

Niko

(03-27-2024, 08:05 PM)niko Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 11:47 PM)Rich Howes Wrote: Hi Guys,

Cheers,
Rich
Thanks Rich,

Please post the link here as I have not received any newsletter from Kubla for a long time and haven't received one today.

Are the webinars taking place in April? Your post mentioned 27th March which was yesterday.

Regards,

Niko
Hi Niko,

Sorry you did not receive the newsletter, the webinars have now finished. However, as with the webinars for 2021, we will be putting together the best parts and releasing as one in the near future. If you're subscribed to our YouTube channel, then you'll be notified when it is released. However, I shall also try to remember to put a link to it here too.

Cheers,
Rich

Hi Rich,

I was unable to attend the webinar for the Kubla Cubed 2024 update. I was so excited to see the new features. I understand you'll be posting the videos soon so I didn't miss out entirely.

Was there a timeline for the rollout of the update as well?

Thanks,

Nathan