Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Why had this happemed?

Please see attached.

One moment all was good. Then suddenly, having completed a 'strip" layer, the existing layer went black obscuring the drawing within the surface outline (see cature1)

Where I have worked on cut and fill areas those areas then show up, But around that area you can see nothing of the baseline drawing (see capture2)

I've tried rebooting my PC - made no difference. I'd like to know what has caused this. What I can do to prevent it happening again and how to correct it.

Thanks

(06-02-2018, 10:07 PM)KevinD Wrote: Please see attached.

One moment all was good. Then suddenly, having completed a 'strip" layer, the existing layer went black obscuring the drawing within the surface outline (see cature1)

Where I have worked on cut and fill areas those areas then show up, But around that area you can see nothing of the baseline drawing (see capture2)

I've tried rebooting my PC - made no difference. I'd like to know what has caused this. What I can do to prevent it happening again and how to correct it.

Thanks

Hi Kevin,

Would you be able to send the file to support@kublasoftware.com?  Normally, when everything goes black (or white) it's because something has been added which has a very different level from the rest of the ground.  Because the colour keys scale to fit the terrain, this can cause everything else to be displayed at the extreme end of the colour key, which is black or white using our default shading.

However, it's a bit hard to identify the cause without seeing the file itself, but if you can send it over we'll let you know the solution.

Leo

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2018, 01:50 PM by KevinD.)

I think your response to my email may have helped resolve this problem.

I'll let you know

Thanks for the great customer support

Much appreciated

That's great Kevin.  

Just one last tip - if I ever find everything goes to one colour (black or white with the default colours), the first thing I do is flip into one of the 3D views.

Like I say, it's usually one point that's very high because you've made a typo or something like that, and you can often see where this is very quickly in 3D.

Leo