Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Create Account  

Failed to open file:Could not load dxf.

Hey all, first time user here.  When I try to import contours from a dxf file, I get the following error: "Failed to open file:Could not load dxf". I've tried dxfs formatted for various versions of AutoCAD.  I get the same error each time.

If it helps come up with ideas, I'm also unable to paste contours directly into Kubla Cubed from AutoCAD or MicroStation.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

(04-29-2020, 02:04 AM)Jim_M Wrote: Hey all, first time user here.  When I try to import contours from a dxf file, I get the following error: "Failed to open file:Could not load dxf". I've tried dxfs formatted for various versions of AutoCAD.  I get the same error each time.

If it helps come up with ideas, I'm also unable to paste contours directly into Kubla Cubed from AutoCAD or MicroStation.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.
Hi Jim,

Welcome to Kubla Software and our forum! Here’s some suggestions for things to try…

It might be that the file has an error... You can check this by loading the file into CAD software and/or a free CAD viewer. AutoDesk CAD viewers (free): https://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/dwg/viewers

We released a new version of our software 2 days after you posted. Please check you have the latest version (5.10) to ensure you have the best CAD support. Please note that during and/or after installing, you may need to restart your computer.

If the file is okay and you have the latest Kubla Cubed version, then please email us your project (filename.kcp) and CAD file and we’ll be happy take look into this further for you. support@kublasoftware.com

Kind regards,
Rich